7 days crossing The Alps
What is Marvin Transalp? We let the bike mascot explain…
“I want to present you my Transalp Tour, an itinerary entirely dedicated to the mountain bike, which traverses the Alps in different stages. This itinerary starts in Kochelsee, Germany, near the border with Austria, then continues through the Austrian territory, Alto Adige and ends in Riva del Garda, in Trentino.
The main attractions of this tour are: Kochel and Walchensee, Via delle Malghe (road of the mountain huts) in Innsbruck, the military road of Brennero, Rinner Sattel on Mount Giovo Pass, Rankipino – Biketrail in Val di Non and of course the Unesco World Heritage Adamello Brenta Natural Park and Comano ValleSalus, Unesco Biosphere Reserve and finally Lake Garda, where you can refresh your feet after a 7 days tour.
Alpine tours of this kind aren’t well known to Italian bikers, so join me for a new adventure on dirt roads and little stretches on low-traffic roads! I’ve tried to avoid paved roads in favour of single trails on this tour, which is 360 km long and characterized by more than 11.000 meters of difference in height. Don’t worry because you don’t need to be a champion to have fun during the Transalp, but I recommended this experience to cyclists with a medium technical and physical preparation (or alternatively you can ride an ebike). It’s possible to make some variations and enrich the tour with additional trails. Moreover, if you are an ebiker, we suggest you the alternative road along Val di Non, which passes by Lake Molveno and Lake Nembia and traverses one of the most beautiful burgs in Italy: S.Lorenzo in Banale.”
Marvin Transalp: 7 days on your mountain bike
1. Kochel am See (Oberbayern) – Mittenwald – Seefold (Tirol)
2. Seefeld i.T – Inntal – Via delle malghe di Innsbruck – Stubaital – Telfes/Mieders
3. Stubaital – Maria Waldrast – Sattelbergalm – strada militare del Brennero – Vipiteno (Sudtirol)
4. Vipiteno – Rinner Sattel (Jaufenpass/Passo di Giovo) – St. Leonhardt i. Passeier – Merano/Lana
5. Lana – Völlaner/Platzer Jöchl – Gampenpass (Passo Palade) – Nonstal – Val di Sole – Malè
6. Val di Sole – Val Meledrio – Madonna di Campiglio – Valagola – Val Algone – Stenico – Terme di Comano (Dolomiti di Brenta Bike West) or: Val di Non – Paganella – Comano Terme – Terme di Comano (Dolomiti di Brenta Bike Ovest)
7. Terme di Comano – Passo Ballino – Lago di Tenno – Pranzo – Riva del Garda