S. Croce's church, dedicated to SS. Dionisio, Rustuco and Eleuterio, first mentioned in 1153, is the seat of the ancient Parish of Bleggio. The present building dates back to the 16th century and is one of the few examples of religious buildings in pure renaissance style in Trentino.
Begun in 1524 the works did not end until 1537. Inside the church there are a number of paintings (16th and following centuries) and frescos painted by local artist Carlo Donati.
Worth mentioning is the engraved wooden roof and precious altars in wood and marble. Inside the church, in a marvellous frame in Baroque style hosted in the Cross' chapel, we find the so called "healing cross".
According to the tradition, the cross was made with two logs of larch by a shepherd as a sign of devotion and gratitude. Until some years ago, the cross was taken in procession as far as "La Guarda", at the top of Monte San Martino, in order to ask for God's help against natural calamities, famine and war.
In the second half of the 19th century, a second, granite cross was erected by the local community on the Church's square, as a symbol of devotion.
Inside the church, a passage leads to the Roman crypt, a beautiful small temple dating back to the 11-12th century, whose central part is in very good conditions, with columns, capitals and frescoed vaults.